"Yeast infection symptoms range from mild to severe, including:
- Itching and irritation in the vagina and at that entrance to the vagina (vulva)
- A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating
- Redness and swelling of the vulva
- Vaginal pain and soreness
- Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
Make an appointment with your doctor if:
- This is the first time you've experienced yeast infection symptoms
- You're not sure whether you have a yeast infection
- Your symptoms don't go away after self-treating with over-the-counter antifungal vaginal creams or suppositories
- You develop other symptoms"
I have found a much more simple way of fighting off vaginal yeast infections. Thank goodness. We had to put it to the test a lot with my youngest, and honestly it could have been bacterial - we never took her to the doctor about it. However, bacterial or yeast, whatever it may be I have done this treatment personally, used it on my daughter, and even had one of my sisters try it. All with absolute success. :
1-2 drops Lavender
1-2 drops Melaleuca
OR (if you are brave or happen this happens to be the only oil in your bathroom, which is what happened to me)
1 drop Rosemary
I usually just tough it out and use the Melaleuca alone on myself, but I know it is more calming to add the Lavender, especially with young children. When I use the Melaleuca or Rosemary it causes a cooling/burning sensation (sort of like icy hot, but on your vagina). You might feel the need to jump around for a couple of minutes, you might just silently suffer through it, or you can always dilute it with some coconut oil or lavender before or after application.
Sometimes I drop it on, sometimes I rub it in, sometimes I use a pray bottle or sometimes a pre-mixed bottle. It just depends what I have lying around, but it really isn't rocket science. You can apply it again another time or two if needed or just to be certain that you've kicked the symptoms.
This is especially a great idea for anyone who reacts adversely to the creams. One of my sisters called me in the middle of the night freaking out over which oils to use, because the cream wasn't helping and was only causing her infection to burn more. Needless to say, she used the oils over a 24 hour period (just to be safe) and has felt fine ever since. :)